As the Australian edtech market grows, it’s increasingly rare to see a classroom without either an interactive whiteboard, large interactive touchscreen display panel, or a laptop/tablet trolley. The software and technology available in Australia today can make building engaging and collaborative lessons a breeze. However, with Australian teacher workloads amongst the highest in the world, we understand that there can sometimes be an understandable reluctance amongst educators to welcome new technology due to a fear that it will increase workload, rather than make life easier.
So how can you make the most of your in-class technology to enhance your teaching? Clevertouch outlines some of the key ways that schools can use technology to enhance teaching – without increasing workload.
- Feedback in real time. Turn your tablet into a wireless visualiser and share student work with the entire class. Instant feedback leading to instant progress.
- Screen share and control from any device. Controlling the main screen remotely from a smartphone or tablet, enables teachers to move away from the front of class mode of delivery and operate small group and peer learning effectively.
- Utilise powerful lesson building tools. These days, the embedded software in a touchscreen is as important as the screen itself. Clevertouch has easy to use presentation software that enables teachers to simplify lesson planning and reduce prep to free up more time to concentrate on teaching and learning.
- Use existing apps. Cleverstore gives you access to education apps, games and software. All education apps and games in Cleverstore have been tried and tested to ensure they are advert free, in-app purchase free and completely curriculum relevant and, best of all, completely free for Clevertouch users.
- Play online videos, ad free. Annoyed with waiting for (sometimes inappropriate) ads to finish so you can play that online video? Lynx from Clevertouch allows safe playing of YouTube files, without the comments showing or auto-playing of the next video. No need to embed a possibly expired YouTube link into your presentation, wait for it to load, sit through the (hopefully appropriate) advert and risking losing the attention span of your class to watch that clip you need. With Lynx, the YouTube video plays immediately; no ads, no comments showing and no automatic playing of the next video.
- Share, share, share! Snowflake, available free with your Clevertouch screen, gives you access to an interactive activity maker and lessons on line, a large resource of ready-made lesson activities, created and shared by other teachers, saving you valuable time. And in turn, teachers can upload any lessons they wish to share with the community.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel! Teachers will already have online files full of ready-made lessons they’ve created over the years – and they should still be able to access them on their new edtech. Edtech such as Clevertouch enables teachers to convert and display almost any existing file – no need to start over.
- Finally, make full use of all the support resources available on websites and social media. Find tips and case studies with other Clevertouch teachers on the Clevertouch page on YouTube or visit our website.