1. Products covered by our warranty
- Plus Series – All versions
- Pro Series – All versions
- V Series
All Clevertouch models come with a five-year parts only warranty valid from the date of purchase. However, where in country service support is provided terms may differ (available on request).
All Clevertouch optional accessories are covered by a 12 month RTB (return to base) warranty. This includes:
- PC modules – please note only PC hardware is covered
- NFC Pen Tray Module
- Wifi adapter (V Series)
- Remote controls
- EMR pens (Capacitive and E-CAP panels only)
Type of warranty cover
Warranty cover will be in the form of technical support via https://support.clevertouch.com between the hours of 8am and 11pm GMT, Monday to Friday excluding UK bank holidays.
Technical training will be provided to our partner or your authorised repair agent as required. Technical bulletins, training manuals, drivers and firmware updates are also available via https://support.clevertouch.com.
The Warranty does not apply to damage for which Clevertouch cannot bear responsibility and which include but are not limited to the following:
- Improper use, mechanical damage (e.g scratches, pressure or break points), incorrect storage or cleaning and maintenance nor does it cover the costs of any modification or adjustments which may be necessary to adapt the product to meet any local technical or safety standards.
- Connection or use of the product for a purpose other than that for which it is intended and non-observation of Clevertouch’s operating and installation instructions or the valid technical and safety-relevant provisions or standards of the country in which the product is used.
- Non-observation of Clevertouch’s care and maintenance instructions.
- The permanent – also partial – display of fixed imaged (typical display damage being so-called burn-in effects such as image retention and image sticking).
- Operating conditions which exceed normal office or private use (e.g operation in smoky or dusty atmospheres or at extraordinary room temperatures and under UV/IR radiation). Separate operating conditions are specified by Clevertouch for certain products if necessary;
- Separate operating conditions are specified by Clevertouch for certain products if necessary.
- Natural Disaster, fire, flooding, chemical or biological exposure, acts of war, acts of violence or similar events.
- Defects caused by a non-Clevertouch product being connected or used in conjunction with the Product.
- The modification of the product by persons not authorised by Clevertouch.
- Accessory parts such as boxes, packaging, batteries or other consumables which are used in conjunction with the product and have to be replaced as expected are not covered by the warranty.
- Pixel failure errors are unavoidable in LED Technology, they only constitute a fault under the terms of this warranty if they deviate from the products manufacturer of the LCD panel itself specification.
- Products whose serial numbers have been modified, removed or made illegible are excluded from the warranty.
Warranty claims are dealt with by the Clevertouch Support Team. Please contact https://support.clevertouch.com for further information. You will be asked to provide a few basic details such as contact details, the serial number of the screen and a good description of the fault. To assist our support agents to analyse your requests more efficiently you may also wish to provide images and or a movie to support your case. Once your support request has been received, it will be processed swiftly and you will receive by return a support case number relative to your fault. Please note that this support case must be used/quoted in relation to all correspondence connected to your service and support requirements.
3. Software Operating Systems
- The Warranty is applicable to the current software operating version specified at the time of purchase.
- We’re unable to guarantee the operation of the product where third-party operating systems are updated. We will endeavour to support all latest updates where possible.
- This will also apply to the software packages included with the product.
4. Accidental damage
- We are unable to warranty accidental damage as this is outside of the manufacturer control. Third party insurance should be taken out to cover this eventuality.
- The Clevertouch range of screens have been designed to be used in harsh environments with toughened safety glass, (excludes Capacitive Touch) with metal/aluminium frames and back panels. In relatively dusty environments all IR products touch frames will need to be regularly cleaned for touch to continue to perform as designed.
- The product has been designed with fan-less cooling technology to reduce dust and dirt ingress.
5. Service training
Clevertouch requires that all partners undergo our service training. Typically, the course takes one day and is ideally done at our Dartford head office, as we have the equipment here necessary to enable fault creation, which is part of the training course. It is possible to conduct the training at the user’s location, at which point one of Clevertouch’s service engineers will attend. This needs to be discussed on a case by case basis.
6. International spare parts policy
Our engineers will identify the faulty component against the serial number of the screen, we will then assign from our stock holding the appropriate part. F aulty parts do not need to be returned to Clevertouch and can be disposed of under regulations appropriate to the country concerned. Spare parts can be consigned with the customers next order if appropriate, or depending on the speed required by airfreight or our standard d elivery service.
USA customer orders will automatically contain spare parts pertinent to the size of the panel and the serial number. Please note this will only apply to the first container orders that cover newly launched screens, and thereafter, it will be the responsibility of the customer to advise us of any additional spare parts that may be required.
Quarterly inventory reports of spare parts available on request.
Please note that LCD panel module* faults that are correctly diagnosed will be handled separately, and replacement LCD panel modules* will be despatched via sea freight and will be consolidated with your next order. Please note we are not able to despatch LCD panels modules* via Air freight due to the extra packaging required and the sensitive nature of the component.
7a. DOA (dead on Arrival) LCD opanel module** Faults for customers within Eastern and Western Europe
If you are situated within Western or Eastern Europe, Clevertouch will allow 30 days from the date of your or your dealers invoice to the end user to cover all LCD panel module **failures.
If any Clevertouch LCD panel module** fails that is deemed and verified to have suffered an actual and agreed LCD panel failure** (within the 30 day DOA period) we will arrange to have a new replacement screen sent to you and we will arrange collection of the faulty Clevertouch screen** at no charge.
We will require a copy of your invoice to the end user in order to verify the age of the faulty Clevertouch screen and to validate your D.O.A warranty claim.
Please note that we may require photographic evidence, along with a serial number in most cases, before we can correctly and successfully diagnose an actual LCD panel module** failure and issue a replacement Clevertouch LCD panel module** screen free of charge.
7b. DOA (dead on Arrival) LCD panel module** Faults for customers outside Eastern and Western Europe
If you are situated outside Western or Eastern Europe, we ask that you take full responsibility for the replacement of any faulty LCD panel module** irrespective of the 30 day DOA ruling in point 7A above.
If any Clevertouch LCD panel module** fails that is deemed and verified to have suffered an actual and agreed LCD panel failure** we will arrange to have the faulty Clevertouch screen** collected at no charge to you. Clevertouch will then give a full credit for the faulty unit. Please note, it will be the responsibility of our in country partner to replace the DOA panel.
Please also note that we may require photographic evidence, along with a serial number in most cases, before we can correctly and successfully diagnose an actual LCD panel module** failure and issue a replacement Clevertouch LCD panel module** screen free of charge.
7c. LCD Panel Module** Faults for customers outside the DOA 30 day period
If a Clevertouch screen suffers an actual and agreed LCD panel module** failure outside of the agreed 30 day DOA period, we ask that you take full responsibility for the replacement of any faulty LCD panel module**.
Once an LCD panel module** fault has been correctly identified we will issue a replacement LCD panel module** to you free of charge with your next container order. Please note we are not able to despatch any LCD panel modules** via Air freight due to the extra packaging required and the sensitive nature of the component.
Please note that we will require photographic evidence along with a serial number in most cases before we can correctly and successfully diagnose an actual LCD panel module** failure and issue a replacement LCD panel module** free of charge.
8. International Partners Obligation
It is important that all partners build into their landed costs a figure in order to support the product during its warranty period. For example, this could be on a case by case basis to cover the costs of repair either on or off site or via a 3rd party service company who charge a fixed fee.
Our recommendation is to set aside sufficient panels in order to support customers in the field.
Warranties that you offer to your customers are at your discretion and will vary from country to country.
- **LCD Panel Module – consists of LCD Panel, TCON board and complete backlight module.