What's new with Clevertouch?
Jon Timson, head of the Clevertouch Development Team, shows us what's new with Clevertouch.
The latest developments
People often ask us ‘How does Clevertouch retain its position as market leader?’ The simple answer is ‘We don’t rest on our laurels!’
Jon Timson, Development Team
The Clevertouch development team never stands still – they’ve always got something on the boil. Coupled with the fact that they don’t guess what end-users want, they actively invite and welcome feedback from installers about what their clients like, don’t like and what they want to see in the future.
And because the development team is agile and flexible, they are not tethered by endless bureaucracy and lengthy decision-making processes, they can prioritise incoming requests and bring them to market before anyone else.
Here are two of our latest developments:
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
MDM is a system that enables an IT team to centralise control of all Clevertouch screens across an estate, regardless of where they or the screens are located. MDM saves enormous amounts of time as there’s no need to attend each screen to run diagnostics and complete setting changes.
- Control hundreds of Clevertouch devices remotely
- Create groups to make sure each screen has the most suitable apps and files for where it is used, such as C-Suite, Design Studios, Maths Class, Reception Class, corporate boardroom, huddle room, etc
- Push messages directly to the Clevertouch display – ideal for emergency announcements or bug fixing
- Restart or shutdown multiple screens remotely with a single click
- Wipe the screen and shutdown down the onboard android system for security control
- Available on all Plus Series & Pro Series panels with OTA (over-the-air) functionality
Clevershare Software & App
Clevershare is a bi-directional mirroring software that wirelessly connects your iPhone®, iPad®, Android phone and tablet, Mac® and Windows® laptop or PC to your Clevertouch touch screen. It’s the only collaboration software on the market that enables bi-directional touch and screen sharing between such a wide range of operating systems including Mac, Windows, Android and Chrome.
Streaming and mirroring content within the home is commonplace, with people already using devices like Chromecast and Apple TV. It’s now expected that the workplace will replicate the home experience, where users can walk into any meeting space and use their own device to share content and ideas in real time.
- Mirror your device straight to your Clevertouch screen
- iPhone/iPad®, Mac, Android, Windows®, Chrome compatible
- Control your Clevertouch panel remotely from the lead device
- Clevershare app and software is free with each Plus Series and Pro Series screen
To start using Clevershare with your device, simply download the app or software and connect to the screen using the six-digit code on screen. Click here to view a video that shows you how.
To use MDM and Clevershare, your screens will need to be configured to receive OTA updates. Here’s how to check to see if your screen has OTA:
- Open the settings menu
- Choose ‘About’
- Click on ‘Check update’
- The system firmware will update, or let you know if you are using the most current version
If you do not see ‘System Update’ within the ‘About’ section and have one of our screens with the product code below, you will need to perform a one-time manual upgrade to your LUX module.
1541029 (SN starting C65SCVV269A)
1541029/1 (SN starting C65SCVV269A)
1541030 (SN starting C75SCVV069A)
1541030/1 (SN starting C75SCVV069A)
1541031 (SN starting C84SCVV169A)
1541031/1 (SN starting C84SCVV169A)