An all-in-one solution boosts engagement for all at a primary school
A primary school in South Africa describes how implementing a state-of-the-art interactive touchscreen was the perfect solution for all users in their classroom
- Government primary school with almost 80 teachers and over 1100 students
- Vision statement: Fairland Primary School strives to optimally develop each learner’s unique character and talents by creating opportunities through loving guidance
Fairland Primary School (Fairland Laerskool), a government primary school in Johannesburg, South Africa, strives to unlock every student’s potential and help them to develop into successful independent learners. To do this, staff must have the tools needed to provide a quality education. Case in point, classrooms had a mixture of interactive and standard whiteboards. But the burgeoning cost of projector bulbs, annual license fees for applicable software, and added expenditure of teacher laptops became difficult to maintain. School decision-makers began to look for alternative solutions while still ensuring quality education technology for their classrooms.
Under the guidance of the School Governing Body (SGB) and IT Manager Francois Pienaar, Fairland Primary School implemented Clevertouch interactive touchscreen displays in their Math and Science classrooms.
“We looked at many solutions, from interactive whiteboards to laptops and projectors, and other interactive displays. At the end of the day, we chose Clevertouch.”
Francois Pienaar, IT Manager Fairland Primary School
“We researched many other solutions and this was the most cost effective and easiest to use solution,” stated Pienaar. What are some other key features of the Clevertouch interactive displays?
- Super Glide Touch technology for a fluid writing experience that can differentiate between palm-erase, fingertouch, and stylus-writing
- Infinity Whiteboarding so educators and learners never run out of space; includes numeracy tools, handwriting-to-text recognition, and the ability to insert images and shapes.
- Cleverstore which gives educators access to hundreds of free teaching apps to make lessons engaging,
- including Math and Science apps. In addition, there are no ongoing subscriptions!
- Cloud drives can be synced with displays so that teachers can work from anywhere and share content
- from any device, a key feature when health and safety of staff and students are a concern
Stated Pienaar, “We chose Clevertouch because it is an all-in-one solution. With the built-in android device, teachers do not require anything else to teach. With Clevertouch, they are able to walk into the classroom and teach immediately.”
“The cost of the Clevertouch display outweighs any of the other options we looked at and there is no annual software license or additional fees.”
To watch a video on the Fairland Primary School experience, click here: Clevertouch Customer Story: Fairlands Primary.
“To prepare kids for this world and their future means evolving education and instructional strategies to match the times our children are growing up. Laerskool Fairland has done just this and we are proud of our partners, The Smart Idea Group, who have supported the school to ensure this became a reality.”
Justin Cooke, CEO Interactive AV.
We want to thank our Clevertouch distributor Interactive AV Solutions and their partner, Smart Ideas Group, with introducing the Clevertouch solution to Fairland Primary School. We appreciate your ongoing efforts to share Clevertouch Technologies with schools and businesses.