Cleverlynx has been given a complete visual and practical overhaul, resulting in Lynx 5 – an easy to use software with a sleek user interface.
Lynx 5 annotation and lesson planning software enables students to interact with content and collaborate in the classroom. Using Lynx 5, teachers can create imaginative lessons with content from a variety of sources. The newly designed user interface makes Lynx 5 easy to use, and the upgraded back-end changes gives a faster, smoother, simpler experience.
What sets Lynx 5 apart from the rest?
- Lynx 5 runs across multiple platforms on an array of devices including Clevertouch screens, iPads, iPhones, Android devices, plus Windows and Mac PCs.
- The media manager allows you to embed videos directly into your lessons, without the need to go to an external browser link. Now you can play video files, YouTube videos, or live webcam, and you can annotate over the videos and incorporate them into your lessons.
- Access all your tools from the condensed tools menu, meaning that you spend less time clicking in different menus – everything is in one, easy to access place using the simple touch interface. Even in Remote mode, the tools are condensed and clearer than ever before.
- The lesson dashboard makes it easy to find recent lessons, and you can also open multiple lessons simultaneously, so you can easily and quickly switch between lessons.
- Access Lynx 5 updates instantly, with the Lynx 5 twitter feed showing on the Lynx 5 home screen, meaning you never miss out on news, software updates and fixes.
- Lynx 5 supports Ultra HD 4K resolution content, so you can view crystal clear images and videos if using a 4K resolution Clevertouch screen.
- With the new Lynx 5 file format you can easily access Lynx 5 files. If you have previously been using Smart Notebook then you can open those files without having to convert them into common file format, and instantly update them into Lynx 5 files. Lynx 5 also supports Common File Format (CFF).
- Let your students use Lynx 5 without having to worry about inappropriate language, as a profanity filter is now built in to the software.
- The sentence builder helps children to form sentences, by splitting them into individual words that can be covered or shown.
- Pin any important content that you aren’t using on your current slide to the clever content area. It will be kept there for easy access when you need it.
- The clock features include digital and analogue, as well as a countdown timer and a stopwatch.
- With dual screen two students can use the screen at the same time, to work on different content, or to have a competition between two groups.
- Use split screen to pin important content to the screen whilst you scroll through slides on the other half of the screen.
- Insert and edit tables, with cells featuring text or images, which automatically are resized to fit.
- With the infinite desktop you can now extend the canvas as much as you want to, so you never run out of space.
- Left and Right handed calligraphy pens aid children’s learning of correct handwriting.
- In rainbow pen mode, each stroke of the brush is a different colour. This is great if multiple people are using the Clevertouch at the same time. Try putting ten fingers on the screen and making lines, each will be a different colour.
- The resources pack includes an image bank and a wide variety of high definition maps.
- Import documents from your PC.
- Any type of document can be annotated over with the annotation toolkit, which includes pen, paintbrush, highlighting and area fill tools
- Screen capture allows you to save these annotations to be used again, printed or emailed
- New to Lynx 5.1 – Interactive Maths Tools – featuring Ruler, Protractor, Compass, Angle and Dice.
- New to Lynx 5.1 – Table Tools – Featuring Number Square Wizard, Multiplication Square, Table Wizard
- New to Lynx 5.1 – Time and Date Tools – Calendar and Current Date and Time Display